Flowers blooming, pollen in the air, birds chirping, the weather’s warming up and soon it will be air conditioning time.
We haven’t had much of a winter this year so it makes us wonder what summer brings. Will the warmer than normal temperatures continue? Or will the rains and cooler weather come this summer?
Regardless, it’s that time to have your air conditioner turned on and serviced for the season.
When a technician services your air conditioner he:
checks the refrigerant level. An air conditioner with low refrigerant will not only cost more to operate but the lack of coolant will allow the compressor to overheat which increases the chance your compressor will go out. A VERY EXPENSIVE repair!
- oil the motors. Not all motors need oiling but we check to see if yours do
- washes off the outdoor coil and makes sure shrubs or bushes are not blocking air flow,
- cleans or replaces the furnace filter (a dirty filter is the number one cause of air conditioner problems),
- checks temperature differential,
- electrical contacts,
- makes sure the vents are open and the basement grilles are shut,
- plus more.
For the do-it-yourselfer, the best thing to do:
- replace the filter,
- make sure the floor registers are open on the main floor and your basement registers are closed,
- make sure any shrubs or bushes are not blocking airflow around the outside unit
Call today to have a Professional Service done on your air conditioner.
Call before April 30, 2015 and have your air conditioner serviced for $69