Blankets, You Ask?
Cold winter evenings are on their way and if your furnace breaks down what a better way to keep warm than a nice stack of blankets. But whose furnace breaks down?
To lessen the chances of your furnace breaking down the best thing to do is have a Professional technician perform a seasonal service to your furnace. . . before it gets cold.
What a Technician Does When Servicing a Furnace:
- Change or check your filter. Sounds easy but many failures are due to poor air flow caused by a dirty filter,
- Clean the burner department and burners themselves. Clean burners means cleaner burning fuel and a more efficient furnace
- Clean the flame sensor. A dirty flame sensor can make the furnace shutoff for no apparent reason.
- Vacuum out the blower area. Dust and lint in the blower can reduce airflow or overheat the motor.
- Check the overheat safety switches.
- Adjust the gas pressure to assure a complete combustion of the gases
- Check the carbon monoxide levels in the flue gases to make the furnace is burning efficiently
- Check Carbon Monoxide levels in the ductwork to make sure CO is not getting into the home.
- Visually inspect the heat exchanger with a remote wand inspection camera.
- By servicing your furnace there’s less likelihood of failure during the coming cold season.