The weather in Utah is starting to warm up, but we all know that it’s just the beginning! You’re probably already taking steps to prepare your home for warm weather, from starting up your lawn mower to cleaning out the gutters. One of the best ways you can prepare for summer is by maintaining the health of your air conditioner. Annual maintenance on your AC unit increases overall efficiency and prevents costly repairs.
Is your air conditioner ready to take on the sizzling heat of summer? Manwill has everything you need to get fully prepared. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about our Pre-Season Air Conditioner Maintenance service:
Why is pre-season maintenance necessary?
Much like your annual doctor’s visit, a pre-season AC check acts as a preventative measure to ensure the health of your air conditioner unit. Your AC technician can check for underlying issues and address them before they negatively affect your unit. This helps you avoid any inconvenient mid-season breakdowns. Trust us—the last thing you want is a broken air conditioner during the uncomfortable heat of summer.
Not only does pre-season maintenance preserve the well-being of your air conditioner, it may increase the life of your AC unit altogether. The normal life of an air conditioner is 16-18 years, but regular maintenance can keep your air conditioner operating at its best for much longer, potentially saving you hundreds of dollars in the end.
What is included in my annual pre-season check?
An annual pre-season AC check from Manwill is comprehensive to ensure that your air conditioner will make it through the summer without breaking down. Our technicians follow a detailed 20-point checklist during your maintenance appointment. Here are a few things that a technician will do during your tune-up:
- Gauge up to the system. A technician will measure superheat and subcooling in your AC system—similar to a blood pressure check during a doctor appointment.
- Wash the outdoor coils and measure voltage of the system
- Ensure that the system filter is clean
- Measure the refrigerant levels
- Inspect the filter (change if needed) and system air flow
- Inspect registers inside the home for air restrictions
- Oil the motor (if needed)
More than anything, your Manwill technician will take time to ensure that your AC unit is operating as efficiently as possible during the summer months.
When should I schedule my pre-season A/C check?
We recommend scheduling your pre-season maintenance as soon as the outdoor temperature reaches 60-70 degrees.
How long does a pre-season tune-up take?
The entire pre-season A/C check takes about one hour from start to finish. Depending on the current state of your air conditioner, the technician may recommend additional service or order parts if he/she feels that parts may be needed.
Why should I schedule pre-season maintenance before summer?
Scheduling your pre-season maintenance before summer offers a variety of advantages. The primary advantage is that getting your check done now prevents the hassle and heartache of experiencing an AC breakdown during the middle of summer. Additionally, service providers often don’t have enough time to do maintenance checks during the summer season as they are too busy with emergency AC services and broken air conditioners.
How should I prepare for my appointment?
Preparation for your annual pre-season maintenance is simple. Before your AC technician arrives, take care to do the following:
- Clean or change your furnace filter. Contrary to popular belief, the furnace filter works year-round with the air conditioner as well as the furnace.
- Wash your unit’s outdoor coils and ensure they are free of debris. Leaves, cottonwood seed and other miscellaneous items can impede the function of your air conditioner.
- Make sure your indoor vents are clear of clothes and furniture. Your technician will check for this too, but it’s an easy step that ensures the best air flow possible.
- Turn on your breaker. Just make sure it is on the “on” position at the breaker box.
- Remove the cover on your air conditioner (if covered). This step should be done before you start up your air conditioner at all, but many homeowners neglect to do so in advance.
How is a service from Manwill different?
With a thorough 20-point checklist, a pre-season AC check from Manwill isn’t an average tune-up. Our NATE certified technicians are not only skilled at what they do, they put the customer first and ensure that all of your specific needs are met. With years of experience and the expertise to get the job done right the first time, an air conditioner tune-up from Manwill will help ensure the life of your unit, saving you time and money in the long run.
Luckily for you, Manwill is currently running a 100-year anniversary special on our pre-season AC maintenance service. Usually $119, you can get your maintenance done today for only $89.00! Save money, save time, and save the hassle of a mid-season breakdown by scheduling a tune-up with Manwill. Contact us today to schedule your pre-season AC service.
Please Note: Recent guidelines from the federal government have restricted the sale of older model (R22) refrigerant for air conditioning units. Our service technicians may recommend a newer, more efficient unit if refrigerant or Large repairs are needed. During your pre-season check, a Manwill technicians will evaluate your unit and let you know if this measure is necessary.